Student Learning Expectations (SLEs)
MORELAND NOTRE DAME STUDENTS HAVE
Honor God and others
- Show gratitude & care for the environment and all of creation.
- Understand & practice the teachings of Christ & Church.
- Participate in the liturgical and Sacramental life of the Church.
- Demonstrate through their actions an understanding that God is good.
- We embrace the gift of diversity.
Engage in learning
- Are competent readers, writers, and communicators.
- Apply mathematical, scientific, and technological skills using critical thinking and problem solving.
- Critically consider choices and apply prior knowledge to make effective and moral decisions.
- Actively participate, question, and reflect on learning in class.
Accept differences among us
- Have respect and reverence for diversity in our community and an appreciation of world cultures.
- Demonstrate self-respect and respect for others.
Rally for justice and peace
- Participate in outreach efforts in our school, local, and global communities.
- Dedicate time to service.
Together create community
- Understand their roles as citizens of Church, family, community, country, and world.
- Seek solutions by listening to others and working, both independently and collaboratively.